Are you a teacher looking for an opportunity to learn how to effectively teach the Holocaust to your students? Or are you new to teaching the Holocaust and want to learn how to effectively teach the Holocaust to your students?
Then join us on Thursday June 27th, 2013 for a professional development trip to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
Cost is $50 per person ($5 discount for Museum members).
RSVP deadline is Friday June 14. We have a waiting list--please contact us
- 7am departure from the Holocaust Awareness Museum, 10100 Jamison Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19116
- 4pm departure from the USHMM, returning to the Holocaust Awareness Museum between 8-9pm
- Lunch will be provided. Dinner is on your own at the Chesapeake House rest stop on I-95
- On bus talks and trip escort by Ruth Hartz, Holocaust survivor, Mike Dickerman, Professor, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Richard Stockton College and Gratz College, and Phil Holtje, Program Director, Holocaust Awareness Museum
- Reserved admission to the USHMM
- Professional Development Workshop with Christina Chavarria, Program Coordinator, National Institute for Holocaust Education -- "Some Were Neighbors: Collaboration and Complicity in the Holocaust"